I read with interest that you want to regain our trust with openness. If you follow the mountainbike world, you’ll know that I’m all about being open. But seriously, since you would like to be open and transparent, five simple questions to prove your willingness to be open:
- Aside from the EPO that you tested positive for, which other doping products did you use?
- Who sold it to you and who else was involved? You want to be part of the solution, so surely helping to prevent them from continuing to sell doping products to you and others is high on your priority list.
- Are you still in contact with the people who sold you the drugs and helped you with your doping practices?
- Do you think we should trust you if you are still in contact with these people?
- After you were caught doping, did you agree with certain people to stay quiet about their involvement in your doping practices? Do you think that staying quiet helps to re-enter professional cycling?
I would think these are five simple questions to answer for somebody striving for transparency. If you answer them honestly, you will have earned my trust.